Friday, November 04, 2005

Postcards from the Edge


Anyone familiar with cool stuff in the blogosphere has invariably come across the site PostSecret where readers are invited to anonymously contribute their secrets to site. In the words of the blog editor:

Each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before. Create your 4-by-6-inch postcards out of any mailable material.


Thousands of postcards get sent to this guy. I’m fascinated by this project and it is one of the coolest things on the web. The postcard below recently posted on the site caught me off-guard and totally moved me. Now I can’t surf the site at work anymore for fear that my colleagues will catch me sniffling uncontrollably. Sad, I know.


(BACK)"I LOVE HER ANYWAYS"

Check it out more of the same at PostSecret.

5 Comments:

At 11/04/2005, Blogger 4th Dwarf said...

Oh, Chair, you old softy. Time to replace that profile picture with an over-stuffed rocking chair.

And here we thought only empty vodka bottles made you cry.

 
At 11/06/2005, Blogger bob said...

I came across this site some time ago too, and ya, its hard to get away from it. Dwarf, it must hit you somewhere soft doesn't it?? It hits me, thats for sure, i guess i'm soft too. I think its a great web site, thanks for reminding me of it.

 
At 11/06/2005, Blogger 4th Dwarf said...

Listen here, Bob, you're not going to trick an ex-miner, ex-pirate, future astronaut like myself to admit I have any softness.

I only look at kitten pictures for the artistic merit.

 
At 11/06/2005, Blogger coyote said...

And he reads Playboy strictly for the articles, too...

 
At 11/07/2005, Blogger 4th Dwarf said...

Do they still publish Playboy? I'm not into football or stereo equipment, so I never really got into the articles.

I did always enjoy the celebrity nipple. (Oops, there goes my credibility with Musie.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home